Tips On Sending Invitations
- Gather your lists of invitees before you order the invitations.
- Order at least 25 more invitations and envelopes than you think you will need (to cover mistakes in addressing, re-mailing to a current address, to cover last-minute "must haves"). It's much more expensive to re-order than to order more than you need at the beginning.
- You'll want to order your wedding address labels at the same time. You may even consider ordering your address labels for your thank you cards too!
- Type/print the list of names with the appropriate titles: Mr., Mrs., Dr., Ms., Reverend, Captain, Lieutenant, Rabbi, Fr., Messrs., Honorable, etc.For more information, see pages 34 - 36 in the U.S. Army guide for titles and forms of address for U.S. officials.A Guide to Protocol and Etiquette for Official Entertainment
- If a widow: Mrs. John Smith; If divorced: Mrs. Susan Smith.
- For children over 18 and living at home, they receive their own invitation or are listed separately on their parent's:
Mr. and Mrs. John Smith
Ms. Melissa Smith
- If inviting two people sharing a home or living together, or a married couple with different names, use both full names:
Dr. Susan Davis
Mr. James Rosser
- If inviting children under 18, their individual names (or/and Family) are listed below their parents' names on the inside envelope:
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Sue, Bret and Mike
- If you are graciously inviting single people to bring a guest, this appears on the inside envelope: Mr. Jurgen and Guest.
- When purchasing postage for the outer envelopes, take a fully stuffed envelope (invitation, inner envelope, response card/envelope, reception card, map, etc.) to the post office. Correct postage is determined by weight and size. If sending different enclosures to differing groups of people, take an example of each. Remember, postage to foreign countries is higher. And, if you are sending invitations to other countries, do not pre-stamp the response envelope. U.S. postage can only be used for mail originating in the U.S., territories or through the armed services.
- If you've ordered "thank you" notes for your wedding gifts with the names of the bride and groom, you can write, seal and stamp the thank you note as the gift is received, but do not send out before the actual marriage ceremony is performed. (Writing the "thank you's" as gifts are received is much easier than doing them all at once. Just mail them after the wedding or on your return from your honeymoon.)
- Set up a card file, loose-leaf notebook, or computer program with:
- Response: Shower Gift/Thank You Wedding Gift/Thank You
- Y/N # (What?) Sent? (What?) Sent?
- City, State, Zip
- Lastly, don’t forget to order your reception place cards and wedding place card holders for all of your guests who return the response card.
- Helaine Hamelstein
Wedding Invitation Fonts
The Ascender Wedding Font Pack contains a wonderful selection of Wedding fonts matched with a splendid collection of wedding templates for Microsoft® Word. This wedding fonts package was created to assist and inspire you to prepare the various printed pieces that will help make your wedding truly special! Choose the best wedding fonts and wedding templates to make your special occasion a memorable one!
Easy-to-Download Wedding Fonts and Wedding Templates for PC or Mac.
- 10 Certified TrueType wedding fonts - An exceptional selection of script, display and text wedding fonts to evoke the right tone
- 40 Wedding templates for Microsoft Word - Eight different themed sets of wedding templates, each containing an Announcement, Invitation, Reply Card, Program and Thank You Card
- View the Wedding Fonts & Wedding Templates