|Checklist for the Groom|
|This checklist will help the groom in planning the most important day of his life. Feel free to print it out and give copies to those helping to plan your wedding (especially the Best Man).|
- Complete guest list, give it to fiancee.
- Consult with fianceé and order wedding attire for self, best man, ushers and fathers.
- Arrange transportation (limousines, etc.) for wedding party to ceremony and reception.
- Complete honeymoon plans: buy tickets, arrange hotel, etc.
- Order wedding rings and engraving.
- Arrange to pay for bride’s bouquet
- Order boutonnieres for men, and corsages for mothers
- Check marriage license requirements for your State to see if you need an exam and blood test.
- Plan rehearsal dinner with your parents.
- Consult with fianceé and arrange lodging for relatives and ushers from out of town.
- Select gifts for best man and ushers, to be given at the bachelor dinner or wedding rehearsal.
- Choose bride’s wedding present. Something personal, such as a watch or other piece of fine jewelry, is traditional.
- Make sure necessary documents – legal, insurance, financial, medical, and religious – are in order.
- Attend bachelor party.
- Pick up wedding rings, check engraving.
- Help fiancee with wedding invitations.
- Make a date with your fianceé to get the marriage license.
- Arrange with the best man for transportation from the reception to the airport or train.
- Double check honeymoon reservations and hotel for wedding night.
- Explain any special seating arrangements to head usher.
- Put the clergy member’s or judge’s fee in a sealed envelope and give it to the best man, to be delivered after the ceremony.
- Get your money and credit cards in order for your trip. Out of the USA?
What you need to know about using your credit card in Europe.
- Pack for your honeymoon.
- Arrange to move belongings to new home.
- Remind best man and ushers of the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner details.
- Plan for your wedding toast
- Present gifts to attendants at rehearsal dinner.
- Arrange for rental returns.
After the Wedding
- Be sure you and your bride sign the wedding certificate and send it to the courhouse before leaving on your honeymoon.
- Send a thank-you note to your bride’s parents after the wedding thanking them for all they did. Make it personal!
- Write thank you notes for gifts, and to the special people in your wedding.
error: Content is protected !!